MESA 2013 Volunteer Panel Chairs
MESA invites members to volunteer to chair the panels that will be assembled from individual paper submissions. Once the program committee meets and sessions are scheduled, the list of available panels will be posted here (probably by early July).
We do ask that volunteers be reasonably certain they will be able to attend the meeting and participate, as it is difficult to find chair replacements when there are last minute cancellations.
Requirements to Participate
As is the case for all meeting participants, chairs must:
- be current MESA members for 2013 (please only volunteer if you are a current MESA member for 2013)
- pre-register for the MESA 2013 annual meeting
- welcome attendees and introduce paper presenters (typically by providing the name, affiliation and paper title)
- keep track of presentation times and transitions by giving presenters gentle reminders (for instance, slipping notes to presenters indicating how much time is left)
- ensure that panels end on time!
- report panelist absences to the MESA Secretariat (did a presenter unexpectedly not show up?)
To volunteer to chair a panel at the MESA 2013 meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana, please send an email message to Mark Lowder at email@example.com to be added to the interest list. MESA greatly appreciates the services of volunteer chairs!
The list of available panels will be posted here after the program is scheduled, sometime in early July.